The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Performance poetry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038
Performance poetry Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100Performance poetry Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-01

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeWed 28 May 2008 - 7:01

Yeah, it's my new buzz. Kind of like what I did before with 'apocalyptic incantation' if anyone heard that? But more purer poetry and less music-y... mmm ... the second pilfers heavily from philip glass I know but hey, I wrote the numbers down as part of a written poem before it occured to me to sing them...

Blue-Sky Day

Petals (one, two, three).

WARNING: Some of the ads at the top of the page make creepy noises that are not part of my creative soundscape...

ALSO: If you play both at once it sounds really cool, in a trippy kind of way, and I think the sung parts are in same key... <3

Last edited by Hannah-Rose on Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 7:15; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Performance poetry Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100Performance poetry Right_bar_bleue

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008 - 6:47

Hmm, this doesn't work does it? I will fix it ... later...
Back to top Go down
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395

Registration date : 2008-02-29

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008 - 6:50

You could try ripway.com. I used it on TW and it seemed to work quite well...
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008 - 11:25

Cheers, but I think I caused the problem rather stupidly myself, I didn't export the recordings as mp3 files before I uploaded them, and as such now you can't actually open the damn things unless you're running Cubase. >.< But I'll have too fix it some other time, I frankly can't be arsed right now...
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2008 - 7:49

'KAY!

It works now!!!

<3
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
Performance poetry Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Performance poetry Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeSat 31 May 2008 - 21:20

Well, Blue-Sky Day is cool, but Petals (one, two, three) sounds oddly similar (to the point where I believe you have uploaded the same poem twice.)

This is a really cool idea, mind if I have a crack at it sometime?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 7:08

Yes I have. Buggery. What the shit happened there...?

It's not exactly patented darling, I mean, performance poetry has been around since ... well, technically since the first pre-medieval bards - whose works were always performed since literacy was so low. But in it's present form, as a 'performance art' as such ... since the turn of the century, perhaps? The parisienne beatniks I believe have deep roots in the flowering of parisienne jazz, you see... Anyway, my wandering point is that this isn't an original idea.

EDIT: Okay, now it's working properly.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Performance poetry Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Performance poetry Right_bar_bleue

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 8:28

I know it's not original, but you're the first person on here to do it and as such might find it annoying if everyone else then copies you.

Now I shall listen to the other one, I've been eager to hear it since you talked about it in music the other day.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 8:31

That's actually really cool
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jun 2008 - 8:53

Well I know that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Performance poetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Performance poetry   Performance poetry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Performance poetry
Page 1 of 1