The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The List

Go down 
+6
TimTam
Synaesthesia
wretchedkisses
Logiebear
artsgeek
Hannah-Rose
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038
The List - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100The List - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-01

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Oct 2008 - 8:10

Haha, I almost wanna see it now, just for the lols.
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

Number of posts : 320
The List - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The List - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Oct 2008 - 10:02

Heh. I may or may not have a vampire pr0n fetish. Bite Club (its a comic series) was rad. and the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series is amazing.
...I want to read Twilight.

.....I'm currently working my way through Buffy the Vampire Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
The List - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100The List - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Oct 2008 - 10:20

I thought it was Buffy the Vampire SLAYER?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

The List - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100The List - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Oct 2008 - 12:09

Uh oh, do we have an Anne Rice fetishest in our midst? Razz
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Oct 2008 - 12:40

Ew, no Anne Rice is teh ghey.

And Logan, you're right, whoops.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The List - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100The List - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Oct 2008 - 18:39

okey doke. I was either right or my entire life is a lie.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
The List - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The List - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008 - 1:16

Don't bother with Twilight Alyx, the language will bore you to tears and the bits described via the high pitched squeals of Liv's sister and cousins the other night tell me it is four big collections of cliches from a scattering of genres to make what seem to be effectvely childrens books that rival Harry Potter in length. But hey, I haven't read any of them so if someone wants to prove me wrong feel free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

Number of posts : 236

Registration date : 2008-09-24

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008 - 6:08

TimTam wrote:
Don't bother with Twilight Alyx, the language will bore you to tears and the bits described via the high pitched squeals of Liv's sister and cousins the other night tell me it is four big collections of cliches from a scattering of genres to make what seem to be effectvely childrens books that rival Harry Potter in length. But hey, I haven't read any of them so if someone wants to prove me wrong feel free.

I wouldn't be so sure, TimTam. This book is an International Bestseller, on the ADULT'S booklist. I don't know that much about it but my Mum is reading it and says it's quite good. She's still reading it after about a week or so, and she doesn't read very many books so that says something at least. I won't say it's good or bad, because I really don't know, but I'm being forced to read it, so I will let you know what I think. And Alexandra, the 16 year old, is an avid reader. She loves Jodi Picoult, as you do Tam, and she's the one who got everyone else into this series. She's read everything under the sun, and she thinks these books are incredible, so I really wouldn't put her down as being a cliche teen girl, because she's not. Shavana, the 14 year old, has never read a book in her life, and she has read all four. I'm serious, this is probably the first chapter book she has ever read. Maybe it is just a tween novel, but it's got to be one hell of a tween novel to get Shavana involved.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008 - 6:23

Hey, if you want an easy and extremely enjoyable read:

Skullduggery Pleasant

From the website:
"Meet Skulduggery Pleasant. Sure, he may lose his head now and again (in fact, he won his current skull in a poker match), but he is much more than he appears to be—which is good, considering that he is, basically, a skeleton. Skulduggery may be long dead, but he is also a mage who dodged the grave so that he could save the world from an ancient evil. But to defeat it, he'll need the help of a new partner: a not so innocent twelve-year-old girl named Stephanie. That's right, they're the heroes.

Stephanie and Skulduggery are quickly caught up in a battle to stop evil forces from acquiring her recently deceased uncle's most prized possession—the Sceptre of the Ancients. The Ancients were the good guys, an extinct race of uber-magicians from the early days of the earth, and the scepter is their most dangerous weapon, one capable of killing anyone and destroying anything. Back in the day, they used it to banish the bad guys, the evil Faceless Ones. Unfortunately, in the way of bad guys everywhere, the Faceless Ones are staging a comeback and no one besides our two heroes believes in the Faceless Ones, or even that the Sceptre is real.

So Stephanie and Skulduggery set off to find the Sceptre, fend off the minions of the bad guys, beat down vampires and the undead, prove the existence of the Ancients and the Faceless Ones, all while trading snappy, snippy banter worthy of the best screwball comedies."

The banter is the best thing about the book, it has the most sarcastically brilliant moments and I was laughing out loud til 3 in the morning until I finished it
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008 - 12:06

I'm still keen to read it. Its been hyped enough that it got me hooked, so i put them on my birthday/Christmas wishlist. I tried to get them at the library but they were all out - and they're listed in Adult not YA, too.
Back to top Go down
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008 - 20:18

wretchedkisses wrote:
I'm still keen to read it. Its been hyped enough that it got me hooked, so i put them on my birthday/Christmas wishlist. I tried to get them at the library but they were all out - and they're listed in Adult not YA, too.

I started reading Twilight. I was a bit disappointed to read that it was set in a high school, but then, I'm more into historical fiction where high schools don't even exist lol. So far it is alright. I haven't found anything particularly unique and she seems to create a lot of hype over some of the characters, saying they're like the most beautiful people you have ever seen and things. I don't really like that, because to me, it takes away some of the value of the characters, by instantly placing them in a superior leveling. However, I promised my sister I'd read at least one more chapter and so I will.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008 - 21:50

WHY DOES EVERYONE IGNORE MY POSTS????
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2008 - 22:33

Because the war was already underway, and you just burst into the room with something entirely new and completely irrelevent. Razz
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 0:05

well it's a fucking boring war.
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 6:03

Well your face is fucking boring.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 6:54

Least it's at a decent altitude
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 6:59

OH BITCH YOU DID NOT!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395

Registration date : 2008-02-29

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 7:02

*sharpens cakefork*
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 7:03

Sorry didn't hear you

*stoops down*

What was that?
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 7:36

*takes cakefork, sharpens spork, and proceeds to disembowl the impudent child*
Back to top Go down
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 8:07

LOL!

I vote Hannah.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2008 - 8:36

Please stop doing whatever it is you're doing to my knees
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Oct 2008 - 0:23

I vote Logan, because jokes about people being short are ALWAYS funny.

Just put your hand on her forehead, Logie.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
The List - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The List - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Oct 2008 - 3:28

I think we have enough short people here to cut the tall people down to size
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Oct 2008 - 4:40

Yeah but We get better jokes.

Incidentally, how's the weather down there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The List - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The List   The List - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The List
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nutshell :: Creative Chaos :: Of the Pen :: Literary Discussion-
Jump to: