The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...

Go down 
+3
TimTam
wretchedkisses
xAnastasiax
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

Number of posts : 236
Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-24

Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Empty
PostSubject: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 11:26

Sinking softly, beneath the waves,
She called and found no voice.
Kicking, crying, 'oh let me die',
We all must now rejoice.
Faerie Princess, let me be,
Hang on to me today.
One or two and three or four,
It was meant to be this way.

Some day soon, the world will see
All she could have been.
But now it is too late to know,
What they would have seen.
I will know this one last thing,
I alone must do.
Hold me now then let me go,
At last, this life is through.

Heaven crosses time and space,
Without a backwards glance.
Angels fly from me to her,
'May I have this dance?'
Her life looks glim, there's not much left,
I alone can tell.
A falling girl, crushed below.
Fallen into hell.
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

Number of posts : 320
Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 13:05

Its about suicide and yet it rhymes? I liked it, mainly because the juxtaposition of the da-da-da-da-da of rhymes and the talk of death put me in the mindframe of a Lily Allen song.

I kind of abhor rhyming poetry though, it has the element of the contrived to me. That's not to say I'm blanket hating on rhymes - it just really has to resonate with me.
Back to top Go down
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 23:14

Yeah, most people don't like my poems when they rhyme but I think rhyming is cool!

Meh.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 0:58

Rhyming can be a useful tool but I really hate when rhymes get in the way of the message. This doesn't seem to.

I quite like this though I think the second stanza is the weakest and could do with a little more editing, it got a bit confusing, will the world know what they have lost or not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038
Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 3:16

You don't have to capitalise every line, MSword is lying to you. <3

The rhyme scheme didn't even state itself clearly enough to actually form rhythmic context to me anyway... and as for subject matter... eeeh...
Back to top Go down
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 4:42

It's not meant to make sense lol it's partially nonsense.

I <3 nonsense poems. I should post my other one. It has no subject and no plot and is just words on a page! But I think it's cool XD lol
Back to top Go down
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 4:43

Hannah-Rose wrote:
You don't have to capitalise every line, MSword is lying to you. <3

Lol I know, I hate zem.
Back to top Go down
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 4:45

TimTam wrote:
Rhyming can be a useful tool but I really hate when rhymes get in the way of the message. This doesn't seem to.

I quite like this though I think the second stanza is the weakest and could do with a little more editing, it got a bit confusing, will the world know what they have lost or not?

All my poems come out in rhyme, I don't know why! Lol. Maybe I should write songs instead, haha. Actually, I've had people ask if they can turn my poems into songs before...

Ugh, I hate the second stanza but I don't know how to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 4:47

CHATBOX
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395
Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 4:59

*prod*
You left.

*wails*
Why does everyone always leeeave?
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 6:24

I'm not getting this whole chatbox thing
Back to top Go down
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395

Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 9:54

It's reeeeeally annoying. Stupid thing doesn't alert you as to when there's been a message, nor does it auto scroll.

I'm going to try and get an upgraded version.
When I have time. (read: when I can be arsed)
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008 - 2:02

I'm still confused. Is there a chatbox people are telling other people to go to?
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

Number of posts : 320

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008 - 3:26

There's a link at the bottom of the main page, where it tells you who is logged in etc.
Back to top Go down
Synaesthesia
Apprentice Squirrel
Synaesthesia

Number of posts : 368

Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 2:36

A nursery rhyme of death. It flows so easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...   Twirling- Interesting? Possibly... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twirling- Interesting? Possibly...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nutshell :: Creative Chaos :: Of the Pen :: Poetry-
Jump to: