The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movies I Want to See

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038
Movies I Want to See Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100Movies I Want to See Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-01

Movies I Want to See Empty
PostSubject: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008 - 7:28

Australia - damnit, the tweeny bop emos can take Tim Burton, Baz Luhrman is my God... *excited*

Also, that thing with Keanu Reeves in it. Because watching him not act is entertaining. Particularly when things blow up and he doesn't react... :D

Ooh, and the something something Benjamin Button. Might be good? Might be fail? Anyone read any reviews?
Back to top Go down
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395
Movies I Want to See Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100Movies I Want to See Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 1:38

I saw two of those.
Day the Eart stood still was HILARIOUS.
Keanu reeves killed people and brought them back to life to prove the point that he didn't want to hurt the humans. Oh it was great.

Benjamin Button is FANTASTIC!!!!!! EVERYONE GO SEE IT!
Ooooh my god. It's such a pretty film. Even though it has brad pitt in it. But he has a southern accent, so all is well. It's a beautiful, fantastic, amazing film and definately well worth those golden globes it won.
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 11:39

Ooh yay... shall do indeed I shall...

Apparantly there's been some less than complimentary things said about Australia (the film, although plenty of unpleasant things have been aimed at the country also...) which disturbs me greatly, I fear my love of Baz Luhrmann is in danger of being tainted should I watch this movie... O.O
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
Movies I Want to See Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100Movies I Want to See Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008 - 21:26

No, keep with the curatins trilogy, he's dropped his wackiness for Austrailia, It's just not Luhrmanesque
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 9:04

Aaaaw ... but I wanted feasts of pretty and batty! I feel cheated!
Back to top Go down
Synaesthesia
Apprentice Squirrel
Synaesthesia

Number of posts : 368
Movies I Want to See Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Movies I Want to See Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 9:46

Keanu Reeves in THUMBSUCKER was Justin's hippy Pagan orthodontist. He taught Justin how to meditate and find his 'power animal'. xD

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button trailer is hilarious.
Before the film is released in NZ and with no prior knowledge of this film, we watch as an old man who looks like a child victim of progeria suddenly transform into Brad Pitt. Oh, the irony. We cry a little. The story is mellifluous however. We just have to stare at Brad Pitt more than we should.
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 11:29

Have you actually seen the film? Or are you getting all this just from the trailer?
Back to top Go down
Synaesthesia
Apprentice Squirrel
Synaesthesia

Movies I Want to See Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Movies I Want to See Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 22:35

As a glimpse into the film, the trailer was enchanting. (: A queer, sultry mood was in the air. Has anyone read the novel on which it is based?

I shall want to read and see the film. Also, Baz Luhrman is going to be directing F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby" in conjunction with the present economic recession.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona < Waltz with Bashir.
Back to top Go down
Synaesthesia
Apprentice Squirrel
Synaesthesia

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 22:59

I've posted another topic on Waltz With Bashir if anyone is interested. I've heard it is exceptional and disturbing as it is compelling.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
Movies I Want to See Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100Movies I Want to See Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008 - 23:37

Synaesthesia wrote:
As a glimpse into the film, the trailer was enchanting. (: A queer, sultry mood was in the air. Has anyone read the novel on which it is based?

I shall want to read and see the film. Also, Baz Luhrman is going to be directing F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby" in conjunction with the present economic recession.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona < Waltz with Bashir.

ooh I got out a graphic novel of that today, from the library Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
Synaesthesia
Apprentice Squirrel
Synaesthesia

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2008 - 5:39

of..... Benjamin Button, the Great Gatsby?

Japanese Manga is obsessed with tentacles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies I Want to See   Movies I Want to See Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies I Want to See
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nutshell :: Creative Chaos :: Of the reel :: General Film Discussion-
Jump to: