The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Temporary Parenting Agency

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
The Temporary Parenting Agency Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100The Temporary Parenting Agency Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

The Temporary Parenting Agency Empty
PostSubject: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008 - 22:59

In the year 2010, many advances were made in the contraceptive industry. Teenage pregnancies became an all time low, abortion clinics were aborted and Africa became a healthy and productive continent. STIs were eliminated by a simple super virus engineered to piggyback the chicken pox and made everyone immune to both.

People started going at it like rabbits because they knew that there was no risk of pregnancy. As a result, the population started to dwindle. America went from 301 million people to 30 and got itself confused with Canada (Whose population stayed the same as they were pretty careful about that sort of thing anyway).

Without all the unwanted pregnancies, humanity was at a low. Noone felt like parenting because they were having too much fun. That's where the Temporary Parenting Agency (TPA) comes in. We give you the chance to look after one of our babies for a week and encourage you and your friends to see what it's like and have a baby for yourself.

Jenny put the pamphlet down and continued waiting. It had been the 673th time she'd read the pamphlet since she wrote it. Business was slow. Thankfully there was a booking for 4 o'clock and it was just about 3:50pm now. She sighed and read the pamphlet again.

At 4 o'clock, a Man and a Woman appeared at the door and wandered in. They were well dressed but seemed down to earth. These must be the Moores Jenny thought to herself and put the pamphlet back on the stand on her desk, straightening everything else as she went.

'Good Afternoon, Welcome to the TPA. How may I help?' Jenny asked them as they approached

'Yes, Hi' said the man, 'My name is Ryan and this is my wife Cassandra. We have an appointment?'
'Ah yes, 4 o'clock?'
'That's us'
'Brilliant, If you could just sign these forms while I go get the baby, that'd be great'

Jenny half-ran through the door and went back into Darren's Room. He seemed to be in a good mood and as she picked him up he cooed cheerfully

'Good boy Darren, be nice to these ones' Jenny whispered as she walked through to her desk.

Mrs Moore's face lit up when she saw Darren and Jenny knew this would be a successful trip.

'See you in a week!' Jenny said happily as the Moores walked out, fawning over Darren.

One week later

The Moores returned at 4 o'clock. They both looked very tired but generally happy.

'How was he?' Jenny inquired
'He was fine. Very noisy and wouldn't go to sleep but I suppose that's normal. Do you breast-feed him?' Mrs. Moore asked
'Uh no I don't'
'Oh I just thought you might've because he kept trying to get me to breast-feed him'
'Interesting. I'll make a note of that. You're happy though?'
'Oh yes, very happy' Mrs. Moore leaned forward 'And in between you and me, I'm already pregnant'

Mr. Moore was inspecting the wallpaper so he remained oblivious. They both gave Darren a hug and left, holding hands.

Jenny turned to Darren;
'You're such a jerk sometimes'
Darren replied, 'She had a nice rack! I was being held against it! What would you do if you were an undersexed midget?'
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038
The Temporary Parenting Agency Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100The Temporary Parenting Agency Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeFri 2 May 2008 - 8:30

And here I was thinking you had this groovy, ironic sci-fi thing going on ... and then ... you're a fucking psycho, you know that? XD
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The Temporary Parenting Agency Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100The Temporary Parenting Agency Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeFri 2 May 2008 - 11:00

I will develop it later on. The parents kept bugging me and I lost my train of thought
Back to top Go down
Pidgeon Haraser aka Gill
Bloodied Typewriter
Pidgeon Haraser aka Gill

Number of posts : 147
The Temporary Parenting Agency Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100The Temporary Parenting Agency Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 21:41

DAMN YOU LOGAN, I READ THIS STORY IN A VERY QUIET LEGAL STUDIES CLASS AND ATTRACTED UNWANTED ATTENTION WHEN I STARTED GIGGLEING! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

good story though
Back to top Go down
http://www.icanhascheeseburger.com
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeWed 14 May 2008 - 4:22

...you're welcome?
Back to top Go down
Pidgeon Haraser aka Gill
Bloodied Typewriter
Pidgeon Haraser aka Gill

Number of posts : 147
The Temporary Parenting Agency Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100The Temporary Parenting Agency Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeWed 14 May 2008 - 4:45

Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.icanhascheeseburger.com
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
The Temporary Parenting Agency Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The Temporary Parenting Agency Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2008 - 8:17

... only you Logan. I like the set up, and the idea of the TPA, but from the introduction of the moores it sort of came across like a bad joke.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2008 - 8:34

I know. Developing it in the Novella section currently when I have time and can think about it
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
The Temporary Parenting Agency Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The Temporary Parenting Agency Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2008 - 8:39

good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Temporary Parenting Agency   The Temporary Parenting Agency Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Temporary Parenting Agency
Page 1 of 1