The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My backyard

Go down 
+5
sticky-pearls
love_is_a_verb
TimTam
Hannah-Rose
Logiebear
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395
My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-29

My backyard - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 May 2008 - 10:52

E-pic.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008 - 6:36

I think it covers all bases Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

Number of posts : 320
My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Sep 2008 - 23:15

I think its ridiculous to presume that one has to be 'old' to have the maturity to create great art. Hell, I think its ridiculous to think that one has to be old have life experience. What about the young girl who was abused and survived it? The boy who got sucked into a gang and spat back out? What about the teen mothers? The children that lose their parents young?

All I'm saying is who is it for you, Hannah, to judge what is enough life experience to create "truly good art"? Michelangelo created both the Pieta and David before he'd turned 30. Are they truly great works of art? Or would they have been better if he'd put down the hammer and chisel and just gone out and lived a little more?

Life, and certainly not art, is not black and white. You cannot say that A (experience) + B (talent) = C (maturity) = D (truly great art). It is not a formula, it is a fantastical expression of personal state of being and society and it can come at any time, from any age, from any level of experience in society.
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038
My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 0:46

wretchedkisses wrote:
What about the young girl who was abused and survived it? The boy who got sucked into a gang and spat back out? What about the teen mothers? The children that lose their parents young?

Everything that you herein quote counts as life experience in my book, I never said that maturity is directly correlated to age, just that generally speaking, in the majority of cases, it's a good indicator. If you have had a wealth of 'life experience' before you turn 18 then yes, that does give you more to creatively draw from than most other teens.
Back to top Go down
Pidgeon Haraser aka Gill
Bloodied Typewriter
Pidgeon Haraser aka Gill

Number of posts : 147
My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 6:13

I agree with Hannah, age doesn't always make you maturer, but the longer you've lived, the more you've generally lived through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.icanhascheeseburger.com
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 9:40

Hannah-Rose wrote:
No. No they can't. Firstly, because skills take time to develop, and secondly, because for art (of any form) to have real impact and value it needs to have that depth of experience and knowledge behind it. Young people can create art that is good for someone so young, they can create art that shows promise, but they can't create truly good art. Full fucking stop.

I guess I just take issue with you having such a 'my word is law' stance.

I'm not saying that age doesn't equal maturity and therefore greater skill and depth on which to draw - da Vinci, Raphael. But those aren't always the things that inspire great works of art. For Van Gogh - Night Sky, one of his most famous and in my opinion, amazing and deep works. Created in one day in an 'up' phase of his manic depression. Art can come from a frenzy of emotion, it can be instantaneous. Or it can be the work of great thought and planning and collaboration: http://www.philinthecircle.com

I just think that art is the one thing we can be the least black and white about.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 10:21

You both have interesting opinions; and it's amusing the clashes between the two.

HOWEVER: "Art is in the eye of the beholder"

We can all have different views on the same thing. this happens frequently with art. The tenuous line we oft tread while discussing things is standing on the toes of other people's opinions and the debates that arise from these.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 12:17

I think a few of you must have done Art History at WGHS? One of my favourite classes and Beyer always started it out by asking us what we believed art was. Usually an interesting discussion and one that never really drew a conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 12:31

Yeah I did art history at WGHS Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 13:42

Wow, how'd you manage that? Its an amazing class, right?
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008 - 13:51

See I'm divided whether to chastise you for not picking up on the sarcasm or doing so and missing your sarcasm.

decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2008 - 1:20

I would've made the sarcasm more obvious, but I didn't feel that there was an appropriate smiley.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2008 - 2:05

Rolling Eyes perhaps?
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2008 - 5:11

Yeah, but you'd already used that and repeating other people's funny is lame.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2008 - 6:09

Fair enough
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2008 - 10:58

Lol, yeah, ArtH with Beyer. I've developed a theory about which, that is, when someone talks at you about art for long enough you'll develop a crush on them, even if they do look a little bit like an elf...
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2008 - 11:19

Yoikes!

*starts brushing up on art knowledge*
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Sep 2008 - 1:08

Well, you could always read Kaylynn's essay... XP
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 0:12

Logan, when Hannah said anyone, I still don't think she meant you.

Really Hannah I'm still a little disturbed by all this, it's not natural, it's like interspecies!!

(but then men pretty much are another species and we know my view on that!)
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 0:17

species shmecies...

If a little thing like species bothers you, you clearly don't watch enough Torchwood. Razz
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 0:26

Nope, I don't watch Torchwood, only Dr Who.

You thought I might not be worried about species? I have a problem with intergender lol!!
Back to top Go down
artsgeek
Bloodied Typewriter
artsgeek

Number of posts : 144
My backyard - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100My backyard - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 1:03

Hannah-Rose wrote:
when someone talks at you about art for long enough you'll develop a crush on them

WIN!
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 4:57

TimTam wrote:
Logan, when Hannah said anyone, I still don't think she meant you.

Really Hannah I'm still a little disturbed by all this, it's not natural, it's like interspecies!!

(but then men pretty much are another species and we know my view on that!)

Since the bic wipe, I have no context to put this in. Explain s'il vous plait?
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 7:35

The bit concerning you was in context with what was left ... it just didn't make much sense...
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 8:31

ah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My backyard   My backyard - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My backyard
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nutshell :: Creative Chaos :: Of the Brush :: Works-
Jump to: