The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!

Go down 
+3
TimTam
Logiebear
Hannah-Rose
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008 - 10:18

I do so love to be excessive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395
The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008 - 10:26

Spiff factor eight.
*congratulates herself, even though she hadn't remembered this thread at all.*

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Img_6412

Oh, would you look at that...you actually -can- host images on this forum.
Cool.
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

Number of posts : 320
The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008 - 22:32

While the mere mortal struggled with the bus timetable, the nun picked up her direct line to God, to request politely that next time he creates a world, he devotes a day to dealing with public transport.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 0:32

... Or you could call a taxi...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 1:05

"The bus is late. Beam me up Goddy!"
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 1:16

TimTam wrote:

Was that a reply to me, or a caption in and of itself?
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 1:22

Excessive entry:

Sister Margaret put away her neuraliser. The sermon hadn't gone well.

She left the man to stare blankly at a bus timetable, figuring out where the hell he was; leaving him to live out his sinful life. This was the third time in 10 minutes she had started over. She just couldn't get the words out right these days.

She sighed and called the convent.

"Hello, Mother Adrienne here"
"Hello Mother, It's sister Margaret"
"Ah Margaret, how did your day of street sermons go?"
"Fairly well"
"It's not what I see here. Our instruments say you used your neuraliser 52 times in the last 3 hours. The tuba confirms this"

Sister Margaret sighed. "I'm not having a good day"

"I can see that" Said the grand mother sympathetically "If you wait 10 minutes, there'll be a bus there soon"

"Thank you, Grand Mother".

She hung up and sighed again. She was definitely sighing more these days. In the older days She would have converted 17 sinful swine in half an hour. Now she wasn't so sure about her prowess as a nun. She caught the bus that the man wistfully ignored. She noted that she should reduce her neuraliser's power somewhat.

The rhythmatic swaying of the bus invoked emotions in her she had locked away for years. Silently she sobbed to herself in the corner of the bus. Ignored by the other occupants, she weeped and thought of how she was failing her duties to god. A wave of grief and guilt washed over her. Emotions cascaded over her until she couldn't take it anymore, emotions were leaking through every pore, tears streaming down her face as she yanked the stop cable - stumbling out the exit, blinded by her sadness.

She sat in her thinking spot. Above the train yard, there was an old willow tree. The willow tree was dying. wrinkled and grey, Just like me she mused to herself.

The tree welcomed it's sister's slumped back as she gingerly leaned herself against it. Old branches reached to touch her. They wrapped around in an embrace as more branches welcomed and supported her. The tree overwhelmed her and they became one, overlooking man.

Two sisters. Silently watching. Weeping.
Back to top Go down
wretchedkisses
Apprentice Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 5:57

Bizarrely funny and sentimental...
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008 - 7:07

Yeah I started off being funny but then I started caring about my character.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 8:50

wretchedkisses wrote:
TimTam wrote:

Was that a reply to me, or a caption in and of itself?

could be both. It was also my initial reaction, I'm not big on buses.
Back to top Go down
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

Number of posts : 236

Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Oct 2008 - 8:55

Logiebear wrote:
"The bus is late. Beam me up Goddy!"

Lol, I vote for this one.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 23:02

Damn, don't you hate it when you start caring about your characters?

I vote for the same one as Liv lol
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038
The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2008 - 23:24

Okay, Logan wins. New pic, danke baby.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Oct 2008 - 9:48

IM A WINNER

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Operations_Tour
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Oct 2008 - 11:39

I'll caption this when I figure out what/why the fuck it is...

And first I have to figure out what/why the fuck Marcel Duchamp's 'The Bride Stripped Bare by her Bachelors, Even' is, so we're going to be here a long time...

Posting on the nutshell and half-past midnight on a sunday night, oh yes, it must be, a last minute all-nighter for an art history project due tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Oct 2008 - 7:02

Side effects of this study may include death, but rest assured, the information obtained will help increase life expectancy of gerbils everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 8:20

Ok, since Tammy was the only one to caption the last pic, I'm saying she wins by default. And to prod you all into new life: NEW PIC!

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Bizarre-spa-01-g

CAPTIONATE BITCHES!
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Logiebear

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Dec 2008 - 10:45

Slytherin's new masseuse took things a little too seriously...
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec 2008 - 6:46

Snake venom is the most effective muscle relaxant, the tension in your muscles will be gone in one bite.
Back to top Go down
xAnastasiax
Mindless Minion
xAnastasiax

Number of posts : 236

Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 10:01

Thread Revival!!

It's not a very exciting photograph but I can't be bothered going to look for a more exciting one right now. Let's be creative!

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Nuthsell
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 17:59

"Well yes, they were created by God, so yes, I suppose, to celebrate them is to celebrate the glory of God, but I'm still fairly certain that it would be a transgression on both of our vows of chastity if I let you touch my boob."
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 4:29

lol, I like this, especially since I know who they are!
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 16:12

Oh, who are they then? Share with the group.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 5:52

They're a member of the clergy and a prostitute. That's why they're in the stocks, coz he's meant to be celibate
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 14:17

Oooh, I thought she was a nun... >.< XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!   The Great Nutshell Caption Competition! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Nutshell Caption Competition!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next