The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hannah's Ball Dress Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038
Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-01

Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Empty
PostSubject: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2008 - 3:57

Haha! A thread in which to rant endlessly and inanely about the creation of my ball dress, a sort of ball dress blog, if you will. I have tried uploading the shitty MSpaint image of my design, but this piece of bollocking website shitmatage told me that my filetype is not allowed. WELL SCREW YOU motionforum filehosting! You can't stop me ranting and given endless examples of my inspiration!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

*ahem*

So yes, it alice-in-wonderland inspired (in direct relation to the queen of hearts), with a splash of gothic lolita (lace, glorious lace) and just a hint of victorianindustrial muffinage (corset ties, squirrels!). And the pattern is a 1950's vogue original. <3 Oh yes, they are re-releasing vintage patterns, those lovely, lovely people! <3

Voila, the pattern:

Hannah's Ball Dress Thread 2267

But do note that I am not intending to make the matching bolero, >.< just the dress.

Of course, this doesn't do just what it says on the packet, oh no, we will have much more fun with it then that.
It will be in black, I was gonna use chinese silk, for a sort kimono-lolita effect

Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Gothic

But the cost of such fabric proved to be much too inhibitive... so, just plain satiny black fabric. <3 With the possible addition of an underskirt in volumous pleats of red netting (if I can figure out how to make volumous pleats of red netting). The back will be lowered considerably and decorated with thick black ribbon corset-ties.

Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Pink%20corset%20back

And the neckline decorated with a little rouched lace trim above the bust. And around the bottom, cookie-cutter hearts, cut out of the fabric around the bottom of the skirt, with red lace sewn underneath to show through. <3

And so ja. I bought my fabric today, and a few of the other bits and bobs that go with it. As of yet haven't found any red lace yet, and I'm not even close to thinking about what I need for the underskirt. (I might see if I can buy one, in fact...)

Also, I was thinking about getting a gothic lolita fascinator to complete the ensemble, any thoughts? Also, does anyone know where to get lace? Spotlight is totally useless and Ikes didn't have any red... ho-hom.
Back to top Go down
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395
Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2008 - 4:01

Try TradeMe. They always have a tonne of scrap lace and fabric and jizz going in their crafts section. And you might find an underskirt, if you're just looking for a puffer-outer in red I swear I saw a red romantic ballet tutu going a couple of months back, so you could look through the costume sections.
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2008 - 4:10

Whahaha! To TradeMe I go!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

PostSubject: Re: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2008 - 4:46

Any luck? I found a hot pink tulle skirt **here**
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2008 - 4:57

*sigh* not a sniffing. But ne'er mind that, I think there's been one floating around in that vintage store in little high st for a wee while, and I saw one in Vixen once too ... so trademe isn't the be all and end all of underskirts, and of course, worst comes to worst I could just make it, like I was planning to in the first place. Also, having done sufficient re(google image)search on the topic, I am definitely getting myself a fascinator to go with. <3
Back to top Go down
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

PostSubject: Re: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2008 - 5:03

Oh, and I found red lace. HERE
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2008 - 7:04

Tja, 'tis pretty indeed, but here's the problem, I need a sheet of lace, not just trimming lace ... trimming lace is a dime a dozen, but actual lace fabric seems to be much harder to come by. Like I say, only Ikes had it, and not in red... I might have to venture somewhere a little more boutiquey if I'm to succeed in my quest...
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug 2008 - 9:42

Vixen Boutique is my goddess. Like actually. Ankle length white netting underskirt. The whole dress plan has changed somewhat due to time constraints. Like the whole me making it thing. Didn't really happen, what with the whole entire month in europe thing. ^.^o My mum finished it. (She is also my goddess.) So yeah. It evolved in the process. Lost the adornments coz there just isn't time. But it will have a bow. And an underskirt.

And guess what I got today!!!!

A goth-loli fascinator!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hannah's Ball Dress Thread   Hannah's Ball Dress Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hannah's Ball Dress Thread
Page 1 of 1