The Nutshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nutshell

The Nutshell is a creative collective under the government of Holly-Rose and Hannah-Rose with ODD and SPONTANEOUS tamperings by Logie-Bear; made up of writers, musicians, and artists. Here teacups are rife and insanity is always technicoloured.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A collective bitching thread.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Goddess DevineSupreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

Number of posts : 395
A collective bitching thread. Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100A collective bitching thread. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-29

A collective bitching thread. Empty
PostSubject: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008 - 10:01

This section is sadly forgotten.

So. A thread to complain about various books we've read and are disappointed/disgusted/disturbed by.

I shall start.

Persuasion.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

Number of posts : 868
A collective bitching thread. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A collective bitching thread. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 5:01

KM, is there anything more pointless than Prelude? Perhaps, it goes by the name of At The Bay.

I should be writing a media essay, not complaining about Cambridge English texts from two years ago...

Wide Sagarsso Sea bugged me too, it had a couple of good bits but not much, maybe I would have liked it more if we'd studied it more, but we were running out of time so only the people doing the exam studied it properly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/tlvv
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

A collective bitching thread. Left_bar_bleue42 / 10042 / 100A collective bitching thread. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 5:42

Oh yes.

I'd forgotten Prelude. Urg. I had to try and teach myself that. With barely any notes.

Ye gods. You see why I wrote on ... wait. I can't remember what I wrote on ... Tarnation.
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
A collective bitching thread. Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100A collective bitching thread. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 6:28

A series of unfortunate events.

It was a brilliant story set in an awesomely twisted world and I loved the way the author wrote himself into the story.

BUT the last book explained absolute FUCK-ALL, making every single unanswered question posed in the other 12 fucking books irrelevant. /end rant
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 6:30

So, no point in my sitting in witcoulls for an hour and a half while my parents have coffee?

Good-oh, I'm getting a bit old to be getting away with sitting cross-legged on a store floor.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

A collective bitching thread. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A collective bitching thread. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 7:05

tehe, you're never too old for that if it's a truly good book Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Logiebear
Beloved Squirrel
Beloved SquirrelModerator
Logiebear

Number of posts : 1224
A collective bitching thread. Left_bar_bleue23 / 10023 / 100A collective bitching thread. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 7:52

well... read the first 12. but then stop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/logiebear42
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

Number of posts : 1038

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 8:27

TechnicolouredInsanity wrote:
I'm getting a bit old to be getting away with sitting cross-legged on a store floor.

That's why Borders have comfy seats. ^-^

My mum picked up Persuasion and she actually liked it. O.O Leik ja I know right wtf?
Back to top Go down
TechnicolouredInsanity
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
TechnicolouredInsanity

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 8:30

I've already read the first twelve. From about five onwards I'd scuttle off to a book store when my parents went to visit rellies at le airport and read books I couldn't be arsed getting out of the library.

I love borders. It's like a library, only it smells nicer, and there aren't any skitzos or creepy old men leching at me.
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008 - 6:39

Anyone want to meet Jodi Picoult next Thursday?
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008 - 7:28

Umyes. Wait, what'd she write?
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008 - 7:29

My sister's keeper, 19 minutes, etc
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008 - 7:31

I've been meaning to read that! Right, spill, what's the haps?
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008 - 7:34

An Evening With Jodi Picoult

Thursday 22 May, 7 pm

Doroth Winstone Centre, Auckland Girls' Grammar

Tickets $15 or $10 for seniors and fulltime students
Back to top Go down
Hannah-Rose
Goddess Devine
Supreme OverLady
Hannah-Rose

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008 - 7:36

I'm in, although, I have already had enough meeting of EPIC PEOPLE to tide me over for a wee while. XD
Back to top Go down
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008 - 7:39

Nonsense, you can never meet enough epic people, and if you're very lucky, meeting so many epic people some of their epicness might rub off on you!

and if you like I can lend you My Sister's Keeper, it's fantastic

Last edited by TimTam on Fri 16 May 2008 - 7:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding :P)
Back to top Go down
Meganical
Metaphor whore
Meganical

Number of posts : 52

Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008 - 7:07

I really don't like Danielle Steel's narrative voice...

For a prize for something I could choose a book: either a fantasy by Gareth Someone (I keep wanting to say Farr, haha) or a "spiritual" one called "Johnny Angel" by Danielle Steel.

I chose the latter.
I now cringe! It feels like she wrote it when she was 10!
Maybe I could bring it to school and show you.

Its sole redeeming quality is that the cover is very pretty. <33
Back to top Go down
http://gemlit.deviantart.com
TimTam
Tarnation
In a TeaCup
TimTam

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008 - 9:29

ooer, I want to see the cover now Very Happy

And read the book to find out just how terrible it is
Back to top Go down
Meganical
Metaphor whore
Meganical

Number of posts : 52

Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2008 - 5:47

Hai! I will bring it tomorrow.
BE WARNERED!!
Back to top Go down
http://gemlit.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A collective bitching thread.   A collective bitching thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A collective bitching thread.
Page 1 of 1